The 2.16.2 update is a fairly small update, mostly targeted at fixing a few bug and upgrading OS-level packages on the appliance.
Notable Bug Fixes
- Uploads of some image types could fail when using Git LFS 2.5.0 or newer.
- Stricter REST API validation was prematurely enabled. As a result, API requests that previously succeeded may have been rejected with a
422 Unprocessable Entityresponse.
- Repositories owned by organizations could not be deleted by organization owners if the Repository deletion and transfer business setting was set to Disabled.
- Repository pages with a lot of tags and branches could take a very long time to load.
We will be applying the patch at 5:00 PM EST on March 1.
UPDATE: We’ll be applying the 2.16.3 update, since it has been released. Two additional bug fixes were added:
- The “Ignore whitespace changes” option was not honoured with progressively loaded diffs.
- The custom sign out message was displayed on the sign in page in certain situations.