The 3.0.6 patch includes an array of bug fixes, and the 3.0.7 patch includes a High level security fix.
Packages have also been updated to their latest security versions.
- HIGH: A UI misrepresentation vulnerability was identified in GitHub Enterprise Server that allowed more permissions to be granted during a GitHub App’s user-authorization web flow than was displayed to the user during approval. To exploit this vulnerability, an attacker would need to create a GitHub App on the instance and have a user authorize the application through the web authentication flow. All permissions being granted would properly be shown during the first authorization, but in certain circumstances, if the user revisits the authorization flow after the GitHub App has configured additional user-level permissions, those additional permissions may not be shown, leading to more permissions being granted than the user potentially intended. This vulnerability affected GitHub Enterprise Server 3.0.x prior to 3.0.7 and 2.22.x prior to 2.22.13. It was fixed in versions 3.0.7 and 2.22.13. This vulnerability has been assigned CVE-2021-22866 and was reported via the GitHub Bug Bounty Program.
- Users with maintainer permissions to a repository were shown an e-mail verification warning instead of a successful page build on the repository Pages settings page.
- The code owner of a wildcard rule would be incorrectly added to the list of owners for the code owners badge even if a later rule took precedence for that path.
- OpenAPI documentation referred to an invalid header.
- The Create Repository button was disabled for users who belonged to more than 50 organizations.
- Deleting a branch would temporarily flash an error message indicating something went wrong when the deletion was successful.
- Organization owner was unable to create internal repository due to the correct visibility options not being displayed on the form.
- The repository actions tab rendered a 500 in cases where the actions starter workflows were misconfigured.
The update will be applied Friday May 14th , 2021 at 5:00PM. This is an off-schedule upgrade due to the High severity security fix.
See the complete upgrade notes at GitHub Enterprise: https://email@example.com/admin/release-notes#3.0.7